Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What I miss and what I don't

I had lunch with my mentor and friend and he spoke about his blog. He was writing about the 5 things that he really missed. This really got me thinking. What are the five top things that I really miss and top five things I really don't miss. As I thought about it here is what came to me.

WHAT I REALLY MISS.

1. My Parents. I loved my mom but somehow I really miss my dad. Must be that father/son relationship. Remember the commandment in Deu 5:16 'Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, that your days may be prolonged and that it may go well with you on the land which the LORD your God gives you." It is the first commandment with promise, a promise of long life and happiness.

2. Time to kill. Now days I seem to have too much to do and not enough time to do it in. Eph 5:15-16 NASB Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, (16) making the most of your time, because the days are evil.

3. Buying pop in glass bottles. Man, pop tasted SO much better in a glass bottle.

4. Little Caesars 2 for 1 pizza.

5. The trees around my house that were lost because of the last Ice Storm.



WHAT I REALLY DON'T MISS

1. A world without Internet and email.

2. A world without HD TV. (Large screen TV's in general. And to think I used to watch TV on a 19" TV and loved it.)

3. Electronics without remote control. (I lost weight more quickly, with all the getting up and down just to change channels but then again I don't remember having over 3 channels to watch then. I must be getting old.)

4. K-Mart stores - Sorry Kmart but Walmart and Target are much better. And what did I ever do without a Walmart or a gas station(GIT-N-GO) being open 24/7. Man it was tough then.

5. Having to wear a tie and jacket to work EVERY DAY. I pray they never return.

These are my lists. Send me yours. God bless..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What I REALLY miss
1. My Dad. He gave me the basics of my work ethics. He would always expect more out of me than the other employees at his business. He taught me about life, business, and family. Oh, how he loved his family!! Before he died at the early age of 50 I told him that the older I get the smarter he gets, at that he chuckled.
He wrote this in a book that he gave me and I would like to share it. Few people have seen this.
He wrote:
1. Find God
2. Clean House
3. Help Others
Look deep into yourself,happiness is an inside job. When people see the results of God in your life-without talking to them, then they will have hope and find faith.

2. Flying with my Dad. He had 2 airplanes when I was growing up.

3. Christmas time with both sets of gradparents.

4. Grandma's homemade mac & cheese and my other Grandma's fried chicken. It was the freshest chicken around cuz the grandkids were in charge of catching the chicken. I can still see her in the kitchen cleaning the chicken.

5. Shooting pool with my grandpa in his garage.

What I really DON'T miss

1. My ex-wife and her issues.

2. I would have to agree with you on the white shirt & tie to work.

3. High School cliques. (Kids can be cruel)

4. Being accountable for things I have no control over.

5. Drinking and the morning after.