Tuesday, February 12, 2008

YIeld

A number of months ago I was praying and talking to God while I worked in my garage on my Harley. I was wrestling with Him concerning direction for what I needed to do. I guess in my heart I knew the answer but my head didn't agree with my heart. I suppose everyone has been there one time or another. Finally I flipped over a 5 gallon bucket and sat down, frustrated. As I leaned on my hand I looked across the garage and I saw the yield sign I had laying up against the wall. The Spirit of God spoke to me immediately. I knew at that moment if I wanted to do God's will I just needed to yield to Him.

Of course this is not always easy. I decided to remind God of His word that says He will give me the desires of my heart. God spoke to me, not in a audible voice. I guess it was more like the straight into your soul type of speaking and said, "When your heart is a reflection of My heart, then I will give you the desires of your heart." I knew exactly what I needed to do for this particular situation.

There are times when we have a desire but it is not a reflection of God's heart. Early that week I was driving behind someone going very slow, I had a desire to push them out of the way. Fortunately God did not give me the desire of my heart at that moment. It certainly was not a reflection of His heart.

When we seek direction from God we must yield our will to His will. This is a easy thing when our heart reflects His.

v1 How well God must like you-- you don't hang out at Sin Saloon,
you don't slink along Dead-End Road, you don't go to Smart-Mouth College.

v2 Instead you thrill to GOD's Word, you chew on Scripture day and night.

v3 You're a tree replanted in Eden, bearing fresh fruit every month,
Never dropping a leaf, always in blossom.

v4 You're not at all like the wicked, who are mere windblown dust--

v5 Without defense in court, unfit company for innocent people.

v6 GOD charts the road you take. The road they take is Skid Row.
Psalms 1:1-6 MSG

No comments: