Thursday, March 6, 2008

Health-O-Meter


My Health-O-Meter was reading pretty low this week. Sunday I felt great, Monday not so great, Tuesday - if I said poor I would be optimistic. I came home early from work. I was shaking and could not get warm. So I prayed, read some healing scriptures, had some HOT chicken soup and took a nap. God's recipe for healing, if I must say so myself.

Wednesday, I was maybe 50% and today, Thursday, I would call the reading at 70%. I hate colds. Eyes water, nose runs, body aches. I am on the up turn and that is good.

1Pe 2:24 and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.

A promise of health and a promise of healing. Spiritual, physical, mental - God always covers all bases. I have needed to stand on this verse for all three areas in my life. This week it has been physical healing. I know I will need this verse in the future. It so good to know that it's power never runs out or falls short or weakens. Not God's Word.

Hebrews 4:12 NASB For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

No comments: