Friday, October 31, 2008

Been a LONG Time


It has been a long time since I have written anything for my blog. Not that I haven't had anything to write. It's just that I haven't seem to have the time to write it down. Which brings me to my point. Are we so busy that we don't have time in our schedules to do what we should do.


There are thing we need to do. You know what these are - sleep - eat - work - daily health care like brushing our teeth, bathing and so on.


Things we like to do. This list can get really long and include such important things as watch TV, listen to music, surf the Internet, movies and even just sit and stare at your feet.


Then there are things we should do. This list will tell you a lot about a person. These items may include vacation. We all need to take a break and get away from the normal routine of life. Spending time with your family. Only talking in the car to school or work or the next sports event is not going to cut it. Going to church. Here is one that I feel most have placed on the bottom of this or any list. I can listen to radio, pod casts or TV and get my spiritual needs taken care of. This list and the items we place on it speaks of our values. Those internal things that tells others what is important to us and what kind of person we really are.


Of course, if you write out these list you then need to do something about them. And here is where the get really creative. Even the person that says they are not a creative person will demonstrate incredible creativity when it come to excuses for not doing the things on these lists.


So today I challenge you to first think about the items that should be on these three list. Be honest with yourself. Are you doing you lists or are you just making excuses about why you are not doing your list? Some of you may say, "Al, creating a list just adds to much pressure to my life. Plus if I can't get done the things on my list that makes me feel bad and like a failure." Well, the problem is not the list but maybe what you have put on them. You priorities are wrong and you need Godly guidance.


How you get Godly guidance? Matthew 6:33 says seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. In placing God first in your life I have found that the rest of life's list items seem to fall into the correct order. It is AMAZING how this works.


Psalms 90:12 NASB So teach us to number our days, That we may present to You a heart of wisdom.

No comments: