Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sunday at Good News Chuch


Good News Church in Moscow is an experience I would love to see everyone at Grace Church have. The worship is great. Even though I could not speak Russian, I could feel God's sweet presence.



The people in this church are so friendly and warm. You can easily see and feel the love of God. As I stood and watched the worship leaders, choir and band, I was moved by the sheer joy I saw on their faces as they led us into the presence of God through song, dancing and at times prayer.


Rick Renner told me that he loves this church. You can see his love for the people that God has called him to pastor and you can see their love for him. When God calls someone to another country He prepares their heart to do the work. Rick looks so comfortable and at home in Moscow. It was fun being with him and in his church.


Again, it was a very successful church service.
Pastor Bob hit another home run with his sermon. The congregation loved it and him so much that as he ended they broke out in synchronized applause which, I understand, is a huge compliment and demostration of honor in Russia.

Moscow has changed since my last visit, some 15 years ago. It has become the most expensive city in the world to live in. Eighteen million people living in Moscow makes the traffic unbelievebale. But praise be to God, the gospel is spreading and with quality ministers and teachers like Rick Renner, the Word of God is being taught.

No comments: