Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Flew Home in a Plane

I arrived back in Tulsa from my three nation trip with Pastor Bob on Saturday (5/17) morning. It was a very successful trip. If you have ever traveled overseas or traveled through more than 4 time zones then you will have probably experienced something known as JET LAG. Our bodies are a wonderful thing.

Psalms 139:14 ESV I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.

Jet lag can do some wild things to you. Your internal clock is off so you wake up at 1:00 AM and can't go back to sleep. Then again at 3:00 in the afternoon you will fall asleep, sometimes right in the middle of a conversation. One time after returning from a trip to Asia, I woke up at 2:00 AM and went looking to see why the air conditioner wasn't working. I was sure that it was broken. In the morning I DEMANDED that my wife call the air conditioner guy out to fix the unit (even though she insisted she was freezing). Of course he found nothing - it was working perfectly. He was a friend and knew that I had just returned from Asia so he didn't charge us for the service call. Boy, to this day I still think the air conditioner was broken.

It's good be home but it is better to follow the word of God. God had spoken to me and told me to go with Pastor the next time he asks me. Pastor has asked me in the past but due to my schedule I was not able to go. This time was different. I knew that when Pastor asked I should change my schedule if need be to go with him. I didn't know where he was going or even when I just knew I was supposed to say yes.

So when Pastor asked me to travel to visit Rick Renner I said yes IMMEDIATELY. Without hesitation. If was a week or so later when I found out all the places we were going to - Kiev, Moscow and Jerusalem. Three nations talking to many different people and finally being able to see the Holy Land of Israel. It was funny that on this trip I was reading and studying the book of Jonah. He to was told to go on a journey but he refused. And when he did finally obey he did it with a wrong attitude.

God has things He desires for us to do. There are times we are asked by God to do things we either don't want to do or don't want to find time in our busy schedule to do. It's not always easy to follow His instructions. I have found that you can always find reason to do something and you can always find reason not to do something. In the end God wants us to follow His instruction. God wants obedience.

1 Samuel 15:22 NASB Samuel said, "Has the LORD as much delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices As in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams.

He has our best in mind. God always leads you to success not failure.

Jeremiah 29:11 NLT For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

No comments: