Friday, May 9, 2008

Traveling with Pastor

On Wednesday I headed out with Pastor Bob for a three country ministry trip. We are to visit the cities of Kiev (Ukraine), Moscow, and finally Jerusalem. In each city Pastor Bob and Rick Renner will conduct a pastor's conference.

The pictures show our first stop, Kiev. A beautiful city. The only thing better than the city is the people. They are warm and friendly. Rick has a church here called Good News church. There was, I would guess, 200 to 250 poeple at this conference. Rick and Pastor taught on church government. Teaching that we in Tulsa know but it was revelation to the pastors and leadership here in the Ukraine. Pastor did an outstanding job teaching and answering questions at the end of the seminar. His book, "One Flesh" is a BIG hit here. As I sat next to him after lunch one person after another came up asking him to sign their copy of his book.

As you can see from the picture the church itself is very nice. Rick does everything top notch.

I know very little Russian. It is fun trying to communicate to someone when you don't speak the language. Only thing I can say in Russian is 'thank you.' But everyone is very nice and understanding.


Rick Renner is an incredible teacher and is always excellent. He and his wife have made me feel more than welcome in Kiev. It is easy to see that the people here love Rick and that he loves the people. A heart of a pastor.
I look forward to our trip to Moscow and the services that I will attend in Good News Church in Moscow.

The bible says, " . .Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone." Mark 16:15. Since 1988 I have done just that. For 20 years now I have traveled to many different countries. Over 45 trips helping people fulfill this commission. People are always asking me what country do I like the best. The answer is easy - USA. I know I am doing what God has called me to do. I also know that God has provided us with an opprotunity to go anywhere in the world in 24 hours and preach the Good News. He is not asking many of us to stay in these countries. He is asking us to take advantage of this opportunity to go. I for one do not want to miss this move of God. Technology has been revealed to mankind by God giving us the means to go. The question is, what will be your response.

No comments: