Sunday, June 15, 2008

I've Never Been to Spain but I've Been to Oklahoma

That's an old song that some of us may remember. (Three Dog Night.) Now I can no longer sing this song since I am writing this from my hotel room in Spain. It is a very B E A ...utiful country, if I must say so myself. Here are a few pictures that I took on our trip from Madrid to Vitoria. Yes, I did take them while I was driving the car. A skill taught to me as a young man.

On the way to Vitioria the landscape was awesome. It reminded me of driving through Colorado.





These hills had rows and rows of olive trees growing on them. Something I had never seen before.



You can see old churches all over the hillsides. They tell us that Spain was not destroyed in World War II like most of Europe, so many of their old buildings still stand.







We drove through a bunch of tunnels. It was really something to see. I have never seen so many. It was very cool. Speaking of cool the weather is nice. Low 50's or 60's at night and highs in the 70's during the day. A little cooler than I like or excepted but it has been PERFECT for the team. The rain has held off so PLEASE continue to pray that it will as we move into this week's outreaches in the local parks.



Typical street in Spain.

We are not sure what this is all about but you can see there is a lot of BULL in Spain. As we drove along we would come up on these bull shaped signs. Many jokes were made about these 'Bulls.' I will leave you to your own.

No comments: