Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Positive vs. Negative

We seem to live in a world that enjoys the negative more than the positive. You turn on the news and it is full of the negative. From wall street to you home town street they fill your ears with negative. News media says they are just reporting the events as they see them. However, NEGATIVE news sells better than POSITIVE news. Even our last presidential election proved this. In fact every election I have been able to participate in the election campaigns were all about changing things for the better. In the early 80's President Reagan during his run for the presidency continually asked, "Are you better off now than you were four years ago." It really didn't sound too bad but the implication was, "No, I am not better off now than four years ago. I am worse off because things are worse. Things just aren't as good as they use to be."

This morning after I finished reading CNN.com and Foxnews.com I wondered. If God had a website I wonder what His headline news would be. I wonder what the RSS (Really Simple Syndication - a lightweight format for sharing headlines and other Web content) feed's on God web page would be. Here is what I believe they would be.

_________________________________________________

God has Forgiven You - I John 1:9

You are God's Beloved - Romans 8:35-39, I john 4:19

God is Still in Control - Psalm 23

God has enabled you to do what you need to do when you need to do it - Philippines 4:13

You are FREE - Colossians 1:13-14

God has made a way where there is no way - I Corinthians 10:13

God has an answer - II Peter 1:3,4

You have the Holy Spirit of God inside of you - Romans 8:11

You are a Citizen of Heaven which means one day:

  • You will eat of the tree of life - Rev 2:7

  • You will wear the Crown of life - Rev 2:10

  • You have a new wardrobe made of White - Rev 3:5

  • You will receive a NEW NAME - Rev 3:12
  • You have a seat with Jesus - Rev 3:21

Facts change but the truth never changes. The things going on in the world are facts that will change. The cold weather will be replaced with warm summer weather. Snow is replaced with rain. Economic down turn will be replaced with economic up turn.

God's Word is truth and it never changes no matter what is going on in our fact based world. How about that for a headline. But then again that is GOOD NEWS. And although that may not sell a newspaper, it is the type of news this world needs. God bless.

1 comment:

My World said...

Amen, and Amen!! Good post, a great reminder as I start my day. Thanks, Al!