Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sitting in My OFFICE

As I was sitting here in my office at the end of my day I began reflecting on what just happened in the last 8 hours. It all started out normal enough, staff devotions followed by my morning meeting with Pastor. I then went from ordering hams for the Christmas Outreach we have coming up – not something I do everyday - to spending an hour with a good friend and member of our church who needed to talk and have someone to pray with. This person had just received some not so good news. (I'll bet that happened to a number of you today.) Life does happen and with it some good and some bad. My day ended with a staff person deciding it was time to step down from the position that they have held for 8 years. It was nothing bad they just felt it was time. Their life and family situation had changed enough to demand that they step down.

So as I sit here looking at a huge pile of toys in my office church members have donated for this same Christmas Outreach I mentioned above I realized when you are where God wants you to be you can do anything required of you.

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

The Message bible says it this way, "Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am." Philippians 4:13 MSG

Whether you are a minister, car sales person, butcher, baker or candle stick maker if you are where God wants you to be you can do it. It's not your call that is important it is your response to the call that is. God will not reward you on what job you have but on how you do the job you have. What may seem small in your eyes is not small to God.

"His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.' Matthew 25:23

So as I prepare to leave my office for the day to go home my prayer is. "God, I pray that you can say of me today, "Well done good and faithful servant."" I know if God can say this of me today that one day He will also say, "You were faithful in a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Enter into the JOY OF your MASTER." Isn't it great to know God gets joy from seeing us do even what some people would consider small.

1 comment:

Mystical Gypsy said...

A good word. And I LOVE your new header!