Thursday, January 8, 2009

People are Idiots and I can Prove it!

On a recent Tuesday evening coffee and walk through Barnes and Noble, I ran across a book titled, "People are Idiots and I Can Prove it" by Larry Wingot. It was an interesting title since that every day I could say to this statement - YES and AMEN. Sorry if that offends anyone. Not a very Christian view but I think Jesus had this kind of moment. Let me explain.

Jesus was in the upper room with His disciples, it is the moment in time that we all know as the Last Supper. Jesus began to tell these men of God what was about to happen. They were troubled to say the least.

John 14:1-4 "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. (2) "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. (3) "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. (4) "And you know the way where I am going."

Thomas questioned Jesus as to where He was going and them asked for directions, believe it or not. "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" Jesus still maintaining His cool said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one come to the father but through me."

GET READY because here comes the IDIOT moment. Philip, in a brilliant statement says, "Lord show us the Father, and it is enough for us."

ARE YOU READY, HERE IT IS.

Jesus said to Philip, "Have I been so long with you, and YET you have not come to know ME, Philip." Let me translate this for you, 'Philip you IDIOT - Knucklehead - Stupidor.' Yea, we have all had the idiot moment and Jesus had His.

So when I picked up this book to glance through it I found a chapter that listed ten ways people sabotage their success. They were right on. But since this is a secular book and not a Christian book the author writes in a very secular way with some secular language. So I decided to take these ten points of view and write them from the Christian perspective. They were after all Biblical principles. If you would like to buy this book and read it, please do. I beleive you will get soemthing out of it.

However, over the next couple of weeks look for my Biblical explanation along with biblical solutions of these ten ways people sabotage their success - I think you will find them enlightening and in the end agree that people are at times - IDIOTS.

God bless.

1 comment:

My World said...

Oh, come on, Al - let's have the list NOW - I don't want to have to wait!!!