Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Corner Known as Very Busy

Ever feel like you have a few too many things on your to-do list? To most of us that is an everyday thing. Too much to do and too little time to do it in is called "STRESS." I had a boss one time that when you asked him "How is it going?" he would always say, "We don't have enough time to talk about everything." That is kind of where I am today, for sure. Too much to do and too little time to do it in. We just don't have enough time to talk about all of it. So when you get cornered in the corner known as very busy let me make a few suggestion on how to get out.


1. Re-Focus. Often we get consumed by things to do and the details we face and forget the main goal or vision that we are working towards. We add or we allow others to add unnecessary things to our to do list.

Luk 10:41-42 NASB v41 But the Lord answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; v42 but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

Martha got caught up in busyness and forgot the one thing that was important. Jesus had to reminder her of this. From the way I read this story I really don't think Martha got it. She probably spent the rest of her life consumed by things that took her time and kept her from the main goal or vision.

2. Re-check your Position. You may be in some place you should not be. We often allow ourselves to get into places that we have no business being. Being in a wrong position cause us to do the wrong things and waste our time. We never get what needs done, done.

3. Re-adjust your Direction. In my truck I have a wonderful device know as a digital compass. It tells me which direction I am going. If I am not sure where I am I must first know which direction I am heading because if I am not going in the correct direction every step takes me further and further from my goal.

4. Maybe, just maybe you need to find a rest stop. Get off the road for a minute or a day or a week and just rest. We call that a vacation. Some people have no idea what a real vacation is. A vacation is to get away from the day to day tasks leaving the cell phone, emails and schedules behind. This should help you re-focus - find your position - assist you in adjusting your direction so you can get back out on the highway of life.

No comments: