Tuesday, November 27, 2007

You know you . . .

My wife, Connie, and I went to Barnes & Noble after work Monday to enjoy a cup of coffee and conversation. Ordering coffee used to mean asking for coffee, black or with sugar and cream. Not any more - thank you very much Starbucks. I always order a Latte, skim milk, extra hot - 180 degrees and most of the time a tall. Sometimes a grande. My wife usually gets some weird coffee, pumpkin pie spice with whipped cream on top or a peppermint latte or chai late without water. Since all coffee or tea is made mostly of water I haven't figured out this last one but the folks at Barnes know what she is talking about. I don't try to figure it out - I just pay for it.

Last night as we sat at our table I noticed a book - You Know You Reached Mid-Life When. It was a very funny book. "You know you have reached Mid-Life when all your baby pictures are in black and white." "You know you have reached mid life when you spend 6 months researching to spend $29.95 on the best coffee maker." The book actually said toaster but Connie and I have been researching the Internet for about 6 month to decide which coffee maker we should buy so I substituted coffee maker to make it more relevant to us.

I found the book hilarious but then again that's where I am in life. So on the way home I thought of a new book title. "You know it's the Christmas season when . . . " Here is your chance. Send me your comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know it's the Christmas Season when goodies sent to our boss show up in the break room.

Anonymous said...

You know it's the Christmas Season when.....When you are driving to work at 5:30am the day after Thanksgiving and 71st. looks like Sat. night, and the line is around to the back of the building at Super Target. That's one of those things that makes you stop and say Hmmmmm