Friday, November 9, 2007

End of Day

It is the end of the day...well as far as I am concerned it is. I am sitting in my office under reduced lights (turned off the fluorescence overhead ones) and I am consuming M&M's. My third handful! They taste mighty good. It has been a week of meetings and situations. We all have had them. In fact I do believe my eyeballs hurt. I know I have lost some can't afford to lose hair. Life happens. Things are not stagnate but always flowing in my world. This is the type of day when you want to just go home and stare at your feet. (I think I'm going to get another handful of M&M's. I'll be back in a moment. ------ Hello again I am back.) You know I hate the blue M&M's. They look wrong. Anyway, I am rambling. Forgive me.
The weekend looks good - weather is going to be very nice. I think I will get some motorcycle riding time in. That's pretty incredible considering it is November and Thanksgiving is 10 days away.
So since it was a WEEK! what have I learned. Well after much thought here is the best I can do with a headache, eyeballs hurting, feet freezing (my office is like an icebox) and now I'm on a M&M induced high.

1. God never promised life would be easy. Boo Hiss. This is one of those promises we don't like. Gen 3:17 NLT "And to the man He said, . . . All your life you will struggle to scratch a living from it (the earth). " Thank you very much ADAM.

2. We really can't make it on our own. We can put up a good front and struggle well for a while but in the end we will get counted out. Zec 4:6 NASB . . . 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the LORD of hosts.

3. Suffering is momentary. Bad moments will be replaced with GREAT moments. We must remind ourselves of this continually. Psa 30:5 NASB For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for a lifetime; Weeping may last for the night, But a shout of joy comes in the morning.

4. We always think my stuff is worse than your stuff. No matter how bad it was it could be worse - look in your rear view mirror of life and you will see there were times when things were worse. Maybe look at people around you and you will see someone who is struggling through something much worse than you.

5. TGIF - OOHH Yeah Praise the Lord it is FRIDAY! I know that's not scriptural but . . . can I get an AMEN!! Preach it brother.

No comments: