Friday, November 2, 2007

Not So Small A TOE

Wednesday evening I worked a fund raiser for a Mission team of ministry students going to Argentina during Spring break 2008. Fun night with LOTS of walking and talking. Not sure which one I did the most of. I do know which one caused me the most pain. WALKING. Good shoes are worth their weight in gold. Unfortunately, I did not have on a GOOD pair of shoes. They are good for riding my Harley, as a paper weight, throwing at the dogs when they get on my nerves and assorted others jobs that they really were not designed to do. Lots of walking is not one of those job. I found that out to late.

My feet hurt like the devil that evening. When I took my shoes off you could hear my feet crying. I believe I even heard a few choice words from my left foot who suffered the most from the evening. Apparently, an affliction know as an ingrown toenail was waging war with my toe inside the shoes. I could not even walk. The pain was incredible. Even this morning, two days later, I still have pain and walking is an experience in suffering.

1Co 12:22 NLT In fact, some parts of the body that seem weakest and least important are actually the most necessary.
Small toes don't seem to important until you have a problem with one and you try to walk. At that moment the small toe that is suffering becomes a BIG pain.


1Co 12:26 NLT If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, . . . .
Reminds us that a church is a living body with everything from noses to toes. Every part is needed. When one suffers we all truly do suffer. Simple lesson but one we continually forget.
It is true of a family. If mom is sick the family suffers. If dad is sick the same is true. I watched a show the other night. There was a young couple whose baby was sick and dying. Very sad to seeing parents going through this kind of suffering. They were handling themselves well. At least on camera. The baby was sick and the whole family was suffering.
SO this weekend if you see me at the mall you may just find me with a new pair of shoes. My feet need them, my toes will welcome them and the economy will benefit from my spending.

No comments: