Sunday, October 7, 2007


I am an early riser, like 3:00 A.M. early. Some would call that crazy. That's OK. My job every morning is to let the dogs out. These are the dogs. Bean head is on the left; also know a Blu2, Afghan hound. The other guy is Buffalo head, also known as Harley, Newfoundland Landseer. Two dogs on the opposite ends of the energy scale.
Since this is Sunday morning, I spend these early hours finishing and going over my teaching. I teach a Sunday school class for Adults. Today we start a new series called, "the Four Seasons of Marriage", by Gary Chapman. Great book.
Every Sunday morning people come to church for a variety of reasons. Social, religious, family, always have, spouse pressure, really looking for answers, really looking for God, really love God. This morning I will meet numerous people who fit into one of these categories. My job is to not try and change their reason for being in church. My job is to help them meet Jesus. I do that through a word, a handshake, a hug, a smile, a laugh and sometimes through a tear.

Hebrews 10:25 GNB Let us not give up the habit of meeting together, as some are doing. Instead, let us encourage one another all the more . . .

No comments: