Thursday, October 11, 2007

On The Road Again

I must say I love riding my Bike. It is a 2001 Dyna Super Glide modified many times over so as to create a bike that speaks of me. Lots of chrome, increased horsepower from its stock and very comfortable to ride. OK, you fill in the blanks after that. Today on my third day of vacation I spent about 4 hours riding around town. I went down the street made a left went for a mile of two and made a right and so on and so on and so on. After about four hours I looked to see where I was and then I headed home. I find this living in High Def. Calculated RISK. Some call me crazy for riding a motorcycle. They say it is too dangerous and not safe. What I find is that most people never really live life. They play it safe all their lives and at the end they really don't have anything to speak of. I have been blessed to take mission trips to every continent on this earth. Visited some more than once. I have been to Mongolia and looked at the night sky over the desert from the back of a moving train. I have helped with Tsunami relief in Thailand and Hurricane Katrina in Mississippi. I have prayed with lepers in the Philippines and spoke to a small crowd or two in Russia. God has taken me to many places some people find too risky to go. All I know is that Jesus said to go into all the world and preach the Gospel, the Good News. I have followed that command and will continue to do so until God tells me to stop. I do know that following Jesus to the ends of the earth places me in a safer place than people who hide in their homes hoping nothing goes wrong in their life. You see, in the middle of God's plan for your life is the safest place you can be. No matter where that may take you.

Jesus said, in Matthew 10:39 GW The person who tries to preserve his life will lose it, but the person who loses his life for me will preserve it.




OK- motorcycle riding may not seem scriptural to some but it is living. I have experienced things that some will never experience on a bike. Early morning sunrise and evening sunsets that were incredible. Riding along you can smell life happening, fresh cut grass, someone BBQ'ing, cattle on a farm. I have even smelled meals being cooked, breakfast to dinner as I rode along. I felt the cold to a very hot wind on my face. You can not ride a motorcycle and not fall in love with life. Life that happens day by day, hour by hour.

Our church's motorcycle ministry is based on Daniel 7:9 NASB "I kept looking until thrones were set up, And the Ancient of Days took His seat; His vesture was like white snow And the hair of His head like pure wool. His throne was ablaze with flames, Its wheels were a burning fire." Now this is the best description of a Harley Davidson cruising down the road that I have ever read. And YES, you guessed it - Jesus would ride a HARLEY.

No comments: